Master coursework only
Students in coursework only programs must satisfactorily complete all coursework as required by the program. Please remember that each program has specific requirements with regard to grades, transfer credit, etc., so be sure to stay in touch with your graduate coordinator or advisor.
- For more information on MBA or MSDM requirements, contact Angel Buchanan at 907-474-4622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on the Administration of Justice coursework only option, please keep in touch with Dr. Rob Duke at email@example.com.
- For other programs, talk to your department.
- If you are a student whose program allows you to do some option other than project or thesis, you will have to discuss your paperwork requirements with your department.
Here is listed all the required paperwork for all Master's students.
- Report on Comprehensive Exam
Oral and/or written as required by your program.
- Application for Graduation
Pay careful attention to the graduation audit that you will receive from Graduation Services. See deadlines at the bottom of this page.
Responsibility: You are responsible for meeting all requirements for graduation. Your Advancement to Candidacy must be received by the Graduate School the semester before you intend to graduate.
- Master’s with non-thesis/non-project
- You are not required to register for the semester within which you plan to graduate.
UAF issues diplomas to graduates three times each year: in September following the summer sessions, in January at the close of the fall semester, and in May at the end of the spring semester. All students who complete degree requirements during the academic year are invited to participate in the annual commencement ceremony at the end of spring semester.
Names of students receiving degrees appear in the commencement program and are released to the media unless a written request not to do so has been received by the graduation department. Students who do not want their names to be released may so indicate on the application for graduation form.
Graduates are responsible for ordering caps and gowns through the UAF bookstore in early spring. Master’s students also must order hoods; the color of the hood is determined by the graduate’s school or college. Doctoral students who attend the commencement ceremony will receive a doctoral hood on stage during the ceremony.
|Graduating semester||Priority deadline ($50 fee)||Late deadline ($80 fee)|
|Fall||October 15||November 15|
|Spring||February 1||March 1|
|Summer||July 15||No late deadline available|