Kenai Peninsula District Office
New AgHort Outdoor Webpage
Loaded with resources and links for farms and gardens - Including a compendium of COVID-19 Resources (click here)
Agriculture, Garden, and Lawn Webinars
These webinars are free. If you have previously registered for a class you will be contacted with cancellation details, and additionally, all persons RSVP'd or registered for an event will be sent new information with connection details 24 hours prior to each webinar.
- Watch recently recorded webinars by the Kenai District you might have missed
- Sign up for Kenai District UAF CES email news and information updates
- Upcoming webinars offered nationally
Range and Livestock Calculators
- Cattle Stocking Rate Calculator
- Domestic Livestock Stocking Rate Calculator
- Pasture and Wildland Seeding Rate Calculator
- Forage Test Nitrate Converter
Spruce Bark Beetles: What you need to know
Spruce Bark Beetles are making an impact on spruce trees across the Kenai Peninsula. Click here in order to:
- learn what bark beetles are and how they damage trees.
- learn bark beetle groups in Alaska.
- learn signs and symptoms of bark beetle activity.
- learn potential bark beetle threats to Alaska.
- become familiar with the vocabulary of bark beetles.
For even more information, view Spruce Bark Beetles: Tree Management Options for Home and Woodlot Owners for Southcentral and Interior Alaska
The Kenai District Cooperative Extension Service Office is Temporarily Closed due to the COVID-19 emergency. However, we are still working to help keep our community well-informed and healthy.
For immediate assistance, please call: 907-260-4934
- If you have agriculture, horticulture, yard, garden, and crop pest and disease questions, please click here to submit your questions to Dr. Casey Matney by clicking here.
- If you have food and health questions please send an email to Linda Tannehill - email@example.com
- If you are interested in 4-H and Youth Development, please send an email to Cassy Rankin - firstname.lastname@example.org