UAF virtual Nanook Rendezvous
July 13-17, 2020
Thank you for joining us for our first-ever virtual Nanook Rendezvous.
We celebrated with a whole week of virtual activities.
We hope it was fun for your whole family, no matter where you are in #NanookNation.
Monday July 13
Tuesday, July 14
Treasure Hunt Tuesday
We asked you to take part in a Nanook-themed Scavenger Hunt to find the #BlueAndGold in your surroundings but you can do this anytime. Take photos of the following and share them on social media with the hashtag #BlueAndGold.
- Something Blue and Gold that reminds you of UAF
- A Nanook or another Arctic animal
- Your favorite UAF gear from the UAF Bookstore.
No registration needed to participate!
Wednesday, July 15
Garden Walk Wednesday
We were LIVE on the UAF Facebook page to see what's growing in our garden. Elizabeth Talbot, UAF alumni coordinator, hosts this exploration of the Georgeson Botanical Gardens, including a tour led by garden manager Katie DiCristina.
Thursday, July 16
We hosted our first Nanook Nation Day of Giving during Nanook Rendezvous by asking our Nooks to do something nice for a neighbor. The next time you pick up trash, make a donation, volunteer for a good cause, share a photo of your good deed and use the hashtag #NiceNooks.
Friday, July 17
Thank you to these awesome alumni-owned and operated local businesses, proud supporters of #NanookNation.
- The Roaming Root -- Owned and operated by UAF alum Erica Moeler '19. Erica graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences. She is a proud supporter of UAF and will be offering UAF stickers and pins to share with her customers at her scheduled location in front of the Toy Quest on College Avenue.
- Ursa Major Distilling -- Owned and operated by UAF alum Rob Borland '99, '01. Rob earned his Associate's of Applied Science Degree in Fire Science in 1999 and his Bachelor of Technology 2001. He is a friend and supporter of UAF and will be offering the Nanook Power Play cocktail along with free UAF goodies.
- Cafe de Stir It Up -- Owned and operated by Michaella Perez ‘15, a proud supporter of #NanookNation. Pick up your UAF goodies at both the Stir It Up coffee hut and Cafe de Stir It Up, an eatery specializing in options for people of diverse dietary lifestyles.
- The Library Bar and Bites -- Locally owned and operated by Luther Brice and Togi Letuligasenoa since November 2019. This business employs many UAF alumni and is a supporter of Nanook Nation. Visit the Library Bar and Bites for their signature cocktail, The Blueberry Gold Miner, being released on Fairbanks Friday just for you and pick up some UAF stickers.
- HooDoo Brewery -- Locally owned and operated by Bobby Wilken since 2012. Bobby is a friend and supporter of UAF who is offering UAF stickers and pins. HooDoo Brewing is releasing a new cask especially for Fairbanks Friday. The Honeyberry Kolsch is made from Honeyberries grown at our very own Georgeson Botanical Gardens.