What we have: Toolik Field Station has a variety of general use equipment available. These items are owned and maintained by the Environmental Data Center Staff and can be used free of charge. We continue to expand the laboratory facilities at the station to provide the best possible equipment. Staff will be on hand to provide training and help with maintenance. We make every effort to keep the equipment in top running condition, however we ask for your patience if problems arise as parts and repairs take additional time due to the remote location of the station. Please see below for the current list of equipment.
Scheduling: Use the Support Request System through your myToolik account to submit a schedule request. Equipment is available on a first come, first served basis and must be scheduled in advance. We will try to accommodate all user requests and needs.
If you have recommendations for additional equipment or changes to existing equipment, please submit a User Input Form on the Contact Us page. We appreciate your comments.
- Cordless: 1/2" drill(s), reciprocating saw, circular saw, impact driver 1/4"
- 120V: circular saw, mitre saw (10" and 12"), jig saw, 5" random orbital sander, 4" belt sander, band saw, table saw, drill press
- Hand tools: framing hammers, mallets, sledge hammer, spring clamps, pipe clamps, hand saw, tape measures, speed squares
- Trained staff only: 120V Jointer, 120V 12" planer
- Welding Tools (metal fabrication) - Trained staff only: wire feed welder, arc welder, tig welder, plasma cutter, oxy-acetylene torch, 9x20 metal lathe, band saw, abrasive chop saw
- Hand tools: socket sets (SAE and Metric, 1/4" and 3/8" drive), combination wrenches (SAE and Metric), screwdriver sets, hex keys and sockets (SAE and Metric), tap and die set, torx sockets and drivers.
- Pneumatic tools: impact driver(s) (3/8" and 1/2" drive), air ratchet (3/8" drive)
- Shop tools: hydraulic press (12 ton, staff only), bench grinder, drill press 1/2"
- 0-30 volt DC power supply / charger, 0-10 amp, 120V
- Digital multimeters - assorted, AC, DC, Ohms, Diode checker, AC clamp, DC clamp, etc.
- Soldering irons
- Wire strippers and crimpers
- Ice augers - gas 8" X2, Electric 6" X2
- Earth auger
- Generator - (1k, 2k, 5k, extended run kits available)
- Pressure washer