Operations, Maintenance & Safety
The Station Facilities & Maintenance Department is in place to ensure smooth and safe operations of camp and its facilities. It is comprised of 3 Departments working hand in hand to provide quality support to our residents while preserving the facilities and assets in camp:
- Operations Department
- Maintenance, Equipment Support & Fabrication Department
- Safety Department
Read more below about what each department does and how we can help!
- Daily camp activities and request support: refueling, dry ice fabrication, freight management and handling, storage management
- Facilities upkeep and cleaning
- Housing assignment
- Admin support: report problems with MyToolik, IT, etc.
- Management of common-use vehicles & other equipment
- Kitchen services
The Department also provides a variety of services such as lab and other waste management, spill response, and has trained staff year-around (Emergency Medical Technician/EMT, Wilderness-EMT and Wilderness First Responder) to provide medical assistance and support.