UAF education program offerings in Southcentral Alaska
The UAF School of Education offers face to face and distance-delivered programs to students in the Southcentral region of Alaska, with internships and field practicums at all Southcentral school districts and a variety of face to face courses offered on the UAA campus. Southcentral students can work face to face with an Anchorage-based advisor to choose the course sequence and class delivery formats that meet your needs and schedule, and help you achieve your career as an educator.
For undergraduate students interested in starting their degree at UAA and finishing at UAF, the two universities collaboratively offer a 2+2 degree program, offering students the ability to earn an AA at UAA and then a Bachelors of Arts in Elementary Education at UAF. For more information on the AA -->BAE degree pathway, please visit our Anchorage based UAF education program advisor or click on the 2+2 link in “Undergraduate programs” below.
Below are UAF education programs available to students in Southcentral Alaska, as well as in Fairbanks and across the state. Programs that include face to face coursework options in Anchorage are designated with a (*). All programs that include fieldwork or internship components have the option of completing those components in Southcentral schools and agencies.
- B.A., Elementary Education*
- 2+2 A.A. to B.A. Elementary Education pathway (link coming soon)
- Elementary K-8 Postbaccalaureate Licensure Program*
- Minor in Elementary Education
- Minor in Early Childhood Education*
- Local Knowledge Educator Undergraduate Certificate Program
- M.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.Ed. in School Counseling
- M.Ed in Elementary Education*
- M.Ed in Secondary Education*
- M.Ed.in Special Education*
- Secondary Postbaccalaureate Licensure Program toward M.Ed., Secondary Education*
- Art K-12 Postbaccalaureate Licensure Program toward M.Ed., Secondary Education*
All programs are also available as distance education options from anywhere in Alaska.