The RAHI 2024 application period is January 1st - March 1st, 2024.
- Alaska Native or rural Alaskan
- High school junior or senior (students will attend RAHI after their junior or senior year of high school)
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA (a lower GPA does not disqualify you, but be sure you show us that you're ready for college-level coursework in your essays!)
- Ability to read at or above grade level
- Committed to earning a college degree
Each of the following components are required to complete your application unless otherwise noted.
- APPLICATION: Apply to RAHI using our online (preferred) or printable form below. We encourage you to attach your essays and resume to your application form.
- ESSAYS: You'll need three essays to complete your application. Think of this as a way to stand
out from the crowd. We want to learn more about you, who you are, what you're passionate
about, and why you would benefit from RAHI.
- Write 1-2 paragraphs describing a book that you have read recently and why you enjoyed it.
- Write a 300-word essay explaining why you want to attend RAHI and why you should be accepted.
- Write a 300-word essay using one of the following prompts:
- Review RAHI’s course options. What course are you most interested in and why?
- Describe how you will use education to give back to your community.
- What does STEM mean to you personally and why are you interested in pursuing an education in a related field?
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership skills, both in and out of school.
- RESUME: Create a resume that showcases your experiences. Make sure to include any college courses you've taken along with the credits you've earned, any awards or honors you've received, and the names and dates of other academic or leadership programs you've attended. Also include any activities you are involved with either in school or out. If you need a little help here, check out this example. You can find the template here. Note that this template is here in case you don't have a resume started already. You may use your own.
- REFERENCES: You'll need two references - one from your principal or counselor and one from a teacher. Let both references know that you're planning to apply to RAHI and that you'd appreciate their support. References should fill out either the online (preferred) or printable recommendation form below.
- TRANSCRIPT: Arrange to send us your transcript. Your principal or counselor can attach it to their reference form or send it to us via email at email@example.com.
- BONUS: Talk to your counselor, principal, or teacher about taking the ACT or SAT. We don't require these test scores as part of your application, but they will help us determine which courses you are ready to take. In addition, many colleges require you to have taken the ACT or SAT to get in, so taking them now will help you check that box.