URSA 2023 Mentor Awards now accepting applications
Faculty, researchers, staff, and graduate students from all disciplines and all UAF-affiliated campuses are invited to apply for an URSA Mentor Award of up to $6,000. This award is an opportunity for mentors to receive funding to engage undergraduate students on their current research and creative projects. Awarded proposals will clearly describe a project with a distinguished mentoring plan for undergraduate students involved.
- The funding limit for this RFP is $6,000.
- Applicants are required to identify at least one eligible student upon awarding in October.
- Student/s identified for the project can be of any year of study, from any UAF-affiliated campus, working toward an Occupational Endorsement, Certificate, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline. Graduated undergraduate students are not eligible to apply.
- Funds may be used toward an undergraduate student fellowship, undergraduate student tuition (up to four credits for a course related to the project), travel to a fieldwork location, supplies, or services.
- Funds must be spent by June 15, 2024.
- Applications will be accepted between July 31 and Sept. 10, 2023. More information and the application link can be found on the URSA Mentor Award webpage.
Please contact the URSA Office with questions: 907-450-8772; email@example.com.
*UAF-Affiliated Campuses include: Bristol Bay Campus, Chukchi Campus, Community and Technical College, Interior Alaska Campus, Kuskokwim Campus, and Northwest Campus. (UAS and UAA are not considered UAF-affiliated.)
**Eligible undergraduate students must:
- Be a degree-seeking undergraduate student: Students of any year of study, from any UAF-affiliated campus, working toward an Occupational Endorsement, Certificate, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline are eligible to apply for and participate. Graduated undergraduate students are not eligible to apply.
- Be registered in at least 3 credits at any UAF-affiliated campus for the funded award term/s.
- Have and maintain a GPA of 2.3 or higher during the award term/s.