Call for Undergraduate Student Submissions: URSA's Research and Creative Activity Day
Register your research, creative or scholarly project for inclusion in this year's Research and Creative Activity Day!
RCA Day is UAF's annual celebration of undergraduate student experiences across campus. Hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Activity, RCA Day offers an opportunity for undergraduate students to showcase their research, creative and scholarly project experiences from the past academic year (summer 2023-spring 2024 terms) through poster presentations, performances, art submissions, and more.
This year's event will be held in-person on Thursday, April 4 in the Wood Center Multilevel Lounge. All student participants will receive an URSA t-shirt, will be eligible for their college's Dean's Choice Award ($250) and Honorable Mention Award ($150), and are invited to attend a celebratory reception after the event.
Do you have a research, creative, or scholarly project you have been working on this year? Register by Sunday, March 17 to participate!
RCA Day Registration Event:
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 13 (Noon-2 p.m.)
- Where: Wood Center Lobby
- Register for RCA Day early and take part in our DIY Boba Tea Bar! The first 50 students to show proof of registration or register at the URSA table will be eligible to make their own Boba Tea! URSA staff will be on-hand to answer any RCA Day questions you may have and to assist with registering online. See you there!
Who can present at RCA Day?
- Any UAF undergraduate student who is participating in, or has completed, their own mentor-supervised research or creative project can participate in RCA Day.
- Students from all disciplines and all UAF-affiliated campuses are invited to share their work at this event. (UAF Campuses Include: Bristol Bay, Chukchi, CTC, Troth Yeddha’, Interior Alaska, Kuskokwim, Northwest)
- Individual and group presentations are both allowed.
- Students do not need prior affiliation with URSA (e.g. URSA funding) in order to participate! Whether you worked with another research unit on campus, completed a project in a course, or completed an independent project with a mentor - you can participate!
- Projects do not need to be completed works! In-progress projects showing their preliminary or anticipated results are also welcome.
What counts as a research, creative or scholarly activity project?
- Research and creative endeavors can range widely in form depending on the discipline. What is important is that your work was mentor-supervised, is original, and represents scholarly effort.
- Projects may take the form of the final product of an URSA award or another UAF-affiliated funding/research unit, a capstone course or senior thesis, or an otherwise university-sanctioned project.
- If you have any questions regarding a specific project, please contact the URSA Office
RCA Day event information and other frequently asked questions can be found on the RCA Day Homepage.
Contact the URSA office with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org; 907-450-8772.