Graduate Certificate in Statistics
As a post-baccalaureate program, the certificate in statistics is equivalent to a full year of graduate statistics courses and is ideal for current graduate students in disciplines other than statistics (especially the sciences). The graduate certificate in statistics encourages a more in-depth study of statistics and provides students a credential recognizing their quantitative expertise.
For students currently enrolled in a Graduate Program at UAF:
Complete the ADD Certificate Form;
For students not currently enrolled in a Graduate Program at UAF (including past graduates):
Apply at the Office of Admissions
Submit the required application documents:
- Three letters of recommendation concerning the applicants educational background specifically addressing mathematics and statistics background;
- Written statement of goals;
- Complete transcripts for all college level coursework; and
- must have completed at least a bachelors degree from an accredited institution including
the completion of the following courses or their equivalent with a grade of C or better:
- A full calculus sequence (at UAF Math 251, 252 and 253)
- Complete Regression and Analysis of Variance (STAT F401) or equivalent. Students without this requirement may be admitted into the program with a deficiency but will be required to complete STAT F401 as part of the requirements of the certificate.
- must have completed at least a bachelors degree from an accredited institution including the completion of the following courses or their equivalent with a grade of C or better:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application process or the program.