UAF Core Curriculum in Mathematics
The goals of the mathematics core curriculum are to ensure that students develop basic numeracy skills, are able to employ problem solving strategies, can communicate mathematical concepts, and are able to construct and evaluate mathematical arguments.
New guidelines have been developed for all core math courses starting Fall 2014. Instructors can find information about syllabus structure, required topics, timing, and assessment criteria.
Deadlines for 2015-16 course materials to be sent to email@example.com.
Sept. 18, 2015: Fall syllabi due
Jan. 29, 2016: Fall blank final exam due
Fall graded final exams due (fulltime DMS faculty excepted)
Spring syllabi due
July 15, 2015: Summer syllabi due
Sept. TBD, 2016: Spring and summer blank final exam due
Spring and summer graded final exams due (fulltime DMS faculty excepted)
Fall 2016 syllabi due
Guidelines beginning FALL 2014:
- Math 113X Concepts and Contemporary Applications of Mathematics (PDF)
- Math 122X Algebra for Business and Economics (PDF)
- Math 151X College Algebra for Calculus (PDF)
- Math 152X Trigonometry (PDF)
- Math 156X Precalculus (PDF)
- Math 230X Calculus Essentials with Applications (PDF)
- Math 251X Calculus I (PDF)
- Math 252X Calculus II (PDF)
- Math 253X Calculus III (PDF)
- Stat 200 Elementary Probability and Statistics (rev. F08) (PDF)