Statistics is a collection of methods for making decisions or estimating unknown quantities from incomplete information. Statistical techniques are useful, for example, in estimating plant, animal or mineral abundance; forecasting social, political and economic trends; planning field plot experiments in agriculture; performing clinical trials in medical research; and maintaining quality control in industry. Employment opportunities are excellent for statisticians in many of these areas of application.
- M.S. in Statistics
- Graduate Certificate in Statistics
- Statistics Courses (Undergraduate & Graduate)
- Career Opportunities in Statistics
- MS 2-year plan and assessment report
- Alaska Chapter of the American Statistical Association