- What to Do Before, During and After a Natural Disaster in Alaska
- Emergency Preparedness for Alaskans
- Earthquake Mitigation (Alaska Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management)
- Recovery After A Disaster: The Family Financial Toolkit (University of Minnesota Extension)
- Financial Recovery After a Disaster Video Series (University of Minnesota Extension)
- Rebuild Healthy Homes (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development)
- Is My Water Safe? (Michigan State University Extension)
- Be Prepared for an Earthquake (FEMA)
- Earthquake Safety Checklist (FEMA)
- Extension Disaster Education Network
The Mat-Su/Copper River District includes the 24,000 square mile Mat-Su Borough and additional areas in the Copper River Basin that include Gakona, Copper Center, Kenny Lake and Valdez communities outside of the borough. Our office has publications, classes and experts on topics like gardening, agriculture, food preservation and more. We also serve the 4-H community.
Upcoming classes and events
- Don't Miss our Holiday Open House! Friday, Dec. 7th 4-6pm. Fun for the entire family!
- Join us for Third Thursdays with Extension! Call 745-3360 for more details.
- Visit our online registration site to see other upcoming classes.