- What to Do Before, During and After a Natural Disaster in Alaska
- Emergency Preparedness for Alaskans
- Earthquake Mitigation (Alaska Department of Homeland Security & Emergency Management)
- Recovery After A Disaster: The Family Financial Toolkit (University of Minnesota Extension)
- Financial Recovery After a Disaster Video Series (University of Minnesota Extension)
- Rebuild Healthy Homes (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development)
- Is My Water Safe? (Michigan State University Extension)
- Be Prepared for an Earthquake (FEMA)
- Earthquake Safety Checklist (FEMA)
- Extension Disaster Education Network
The Mat-Su/Copper River District includes the 24,000 square mile Mat-Su Borough and additional areas in the Copper River Basin that include Gakona, Copper Center, Kenny Lake and Valdez communities outside of the borough. Our office has publications, classes and experts on topics like gardening, agriculture, food preservation and more. We also serve the 4-H community.
Upcoming classes and events
- Spring Clean with Green products -- Mar 21, 2019
- **Food Preservation Classes -- Mar. 2 - April 13, 2019
- Extension Spring Fling -- April 13, 2019. Click here to register for the MatSu Spring Fling
- Diabetes Prevention Program begins April 16, 2019. Contact Melissa Clampitt at email@example.com for more details.
- Join us for Third Thursdays with Extension! Call 745-3360 for more details.
- Visit our online registration site to see other upcoming classes.
**THESE CLASSES REQUIRE REGISTRATION. CLICK ON LINK ABOVE TO REGISTER.**