Agriculture and Horticulture
Darren Snyder is the Juneau District Agriculture/Horticulture Agent. Please contact Darren at 907-523-3280 or by email at email@example.com, with your questions about agriculture, horticulture, community gardening, food security and building resilient communities.
The Juneau Community Garden video is available on YouTube! www.youtube.com/user/UAFExtension.
Southeast Alaska Master Gardeners
The Southeast Alaska Master Gardeners are a volunteer arm of the Juneau District Cooperative Extension Service. Our highly esteemed volunteers perform gardening education and outreach activities in our district.
Would you like to become a Master Gardener? Call Juneau District Agriculture/Horticulture Agent Darren Snyder at 907-523-3280. We welcome your participation!
Agriculture and Horticulture Faculty research and prepare publications on topics of interest to Alaskan families. Read our most recent publications!
- HGA-00029 Community Gardens in Alaska
- HGA-01027 Composting in Alaska
- HGA-00028 Hoop Houses in Alaska
- HGA-00027 Growing Potatoes in the Alaska Garden
- HGA-00041 Growing Beets in the Alaska Garden
- HGA-01026 Using Spent Brewery Grain in the Alaska Compost Pile
View the Publications Catalog to find more useful Extension resources.