Pesticide Applicator Training Sessions are available via self study for the remainder of 2023. The next scheduled training workshop will be held during January of 2024. The workshops are conducted via videoconference (Zoom).
The Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) provides training for people in Alaska who:
- apply restricted use pesticides
- apply any pesticides on property other than their own or their employers
- apply pesticides on public school (K-12) grounds and facilities
All of these situations require the applicator to be a certified pesticide applicator with the Alaska DEC Pesticide Branch.
Part of our program includes 8 self-paced online classes that qualify for CEUs for Certified Pesticide Applicators. The classes are available online for free, but if CEUs are desired there is a registration fee. Course topics include bird vetch, controlling the spread of invasive plants and more.
The secondary purpose of PSEP is to provide consumers and the public with information on pesticide safety and pesticide hazards. The program encourages communication between pesticide safety educators, pesticide regulators, pesticide applicators and the public. PSEP is a workforce training program and an environmental conservation program.
- Pesticide Safety for Consumers
- Pesticide News
- Pesticide Safety for Private Agricultural, Commercial and Restricted Use Applicators
- Pesticide Regulations
- Pesticide Applicator Training
- Pesticide Applicator Training Math Problems
- Annual Certified Pesticide Applicator Workshop
- Self-Paced Pesticide and Invasive Species Course Offerings (CEUs)
- Search for Registered Alaska Pesticide Products
- Search for Alaska Certified Applicators
- Register a Product in Alaska
- Alaska Pesticide Control Program
Also may be of interest
The Pesticide Safety Training Program is a partnership between the
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA)
- State of Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation – Pesticide Branch (ADEC)
- University of Alaska Fairbanks Cooperative Extension Service
For additional information regarding the Alaska Pesticide Safety Education Program, please contact Phil Kaspari: firstname.lastname@example.org.