1790 Tanana Loop
Photo by Allison Blanchard, UAF University Relations
The Charles Bunnell Building was built in 1959 as the central administrative building of the university system. The building houses the Druska Carr Schaible Auditorium, the main offices for the School of Management, main offices for eCampus, and classroom, lab and office space.
Charles Bunnell was the first president of the Alaska Agricultural College and School of Mines and one of seven original faculty members when the institution — later renamed the University of Alaska — opened for classes in 1922. Bunnell served through 1949, longer than any president since.