1793 Chatanika Drive
Photo by Allison Blanchard, UAF University Relations
In 1921, the Alaska Territorial Legislature approved funds to complete the Main Building on campus and to build a house for the college president, Charles Bunnell. In 1958, the building was moved to its present location on Chatanika Drive and is now occupied by the early childhood development program under the name of the Bunnell House Early Childhood Lab School.
Aurora magazine: The pint-sized patrons of Bunnell House (PDF)
Feature story: If these walls could talk: the Bunnell House