Club and Travel Funding Period Now Open!The application period for club and student travel funding is now open!
Club funding is available for any recognized student organization at UAF. Grants are limited to $1,000. Learn more and apply at https://www.uaf.edu/asuaf/clubcouncil.php
Student travel funding is available to support individual student travel for academic or co-curricular purposes. Learn more and apply at https://www.uaf.edu/asuaf/travelfunding.php. Priority application deadline for travel funding is Sept. 25, 2023.
The Associated Students of the University of Alaska Fairbanks is UAF's student government. ASUAF gives students an opportunity to develop leadership skills while advocating
for all UAF students. All UAF students who pay the consolidated fee are members of the association.
While ASUAF technically refers to the entire association and its membership which encompasses almost every student at UAF, in colloquial use, ASUAF typically refers to the student government officials of ASUAF.
ASUAF's constitution establishes a government of ASUAF, consisting of "a President and Vice President elected by the student body on the same ticket, a Senate elected by the student body, and a Chairperson of the Senate elected by the Senate."
ASAUF Senate Meetings
ASUAF Senate meetings are open to the public. Meetings are held on Fridays at 4 p.m. in Wood Center 123 and on Zoom. Agendas with Zoom links may be found here.
Getting involved with ASUAF is easy and there are positions available for all levels of leadership experience, time commitment and interest. In addition to elected positions, ASUAF appoints students to serve on a number of boards and committees.
- ASUAF Senator: contact ASUAF President Cole Osowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Labor Relations Board Representative: contact ASUAF Vice President Sarah Finney at email@example.com
- Club Funding: the Club Funding application can be found at https://www.uaf.edu/asuaf/clubcouncil.php.
- Student Travel Funding: the Student Travel Funding application can be found at https://www.uaf.edu/asuaf/travelfunding.php.
- Elections Board: students at-large will oversee the ASUAF fall elections through the Elections Board
To learn more about other ways to get involved with ASUAF, stop by the ASUAF office in Wood Center 119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASUAF Meetings and Events:
Monday-Friday: 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
The ASUAF Office is closed on weekends and on university holidays.