Tips to Prepare for Appointment
- You will need this information (it is also referred to as a Single-Sign On- SSO) to log into UAOnline for registration
- During advising appointments we often help you look up your DegreeWorks (an electronic degree audit/transcript) found in UAOnline.
- You will also need this information if trying to add/drop/withdraw from class(es) and more.
If you have forgotten your username and password you can go to UA ELMO
Most Natural Science courses and many GERs (General Education Requirements) at UAF require at minimum a WRTG 111X and MATH placement score.
To register for Writing Across Contexts (WRTG F111X) or to place into courses with a WRTG F111X placement prerequisite, you must either
- submit either ACT or SAT standardized test scores (within two years of testing)
- submit a score of 3 or higher in the AP English Literature or AP English Language exam
- OR take EdReady writing placement prior to registering.
Submit ACT/SAT/AP scores to firstname.lastname@example.org
All students must take the ALEKS Placement prior to registering for any math course.
- You have scored a 4 or higher on the AP Calculus AB and/or BC exam and submitted score
- or you have proof of passing grade in a prior college math course and submitted transcript
Submit AP scores or transcripts to email@example.com
- Please find a quiet space.
- Registration appointments will likely last between 45 to 60 minutes.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment you can do so anytime by calling
our main office number (907) 474-6396
- You can even go to your Nanook Navigator Profile and reschedule your appointment from there.
- Did you misplace the Zoom link? You can check your alaska.edu account for appointment
details or you can even go to your Nanook Navigator Profile
- If you still can't find it, feel free to call our main office at 907-474-6396 or email your advisor directly
Do you have access to a device that isn't your phone?
Completing most advising appointment tasks are easier to accomplish with:
- or tablet.
It is possible to register with your phone although we guarantee you will have a much better experience if you are on a different device. The Academic Advising Center is equipped with computers, webcams and more that you are welcome to use. There are other options on campus as well.
Please call our main line at 907-474-6396 to learn more.