We are currently scheduling in-person, virtual (Zoom) and phone appointments:
- Call us at 907-474-6396.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OR schedule an appointment directly with one of our advisors.
- After-hours virtual appointments are available 5:30-7:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Prepare for your appointment
You will need this information (it is also referred to as a single sign-on or SSO) to log into UAOnline for registration, adding/dropping and withdrawing from classes, and more.
During advising appointments, we often help you look up your DegreeWorks (an electronic degree audit/transcript) in UAOnline as well.
TIP: You can set up your UA username and password or change or reset your password using UA ELMO.
Most natural science courses and many GERs (general education requirements) at UAF require, at minimum, completion of WRTG 111X and a mathematics placement score.
To register for Writing Across Contexts (WRTG F111X) or to place into courses with a WRTG F111X placement prerequisite, you must either:
- Submit either ACT or SAT standardized test scores (within two years of testing)
- Submit a score of 3 or higher in the AP English Literature or AP English Language
- OR complete the EdReady Writing Placement
Submit ACT/SAT/AP scores to email@example.com.
All students must take the ALEKS math placement test prior to registering for any math course, unless:
- You have scored a 4 or higher on the AP Calculus AB and/or BC exam and submitted your
- OR you have proof of passing grade in a prior college math course and have submitted your transcript
Submit AP scores or transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration appointments will likely last between 45 to 60 minutes.
Virtual and/or phone appointments
Devices to use for appointments
Most advising appointment tasks are easier to accomplish with:
It is possible to register with your phone, although you will have a better experience if you are on a different device. The Academic Advising Center is equipped with computers, webcams and more that you are welcome to use. There are other options on campus as well — call our office at 907-474-6396 to learn more.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can do so anytime by calling our office at 907-474-6396. Or go to your Nanook Navigator profile and reschedule your appointment from there.
Our advisors are equipped to answer all of the important questions you'll have when working toward your degree at UAF.
Find all the UAF lab and tutoring resources available for math, writing, communication and much more.