The UAF Administrative Services offices work to provide safe and effective operations for students, faculty, staff, visitors and other university constituents. To ensure these users have positive experiences with UAF and our departments, we have adopted these core values. If you have any feedback, please use this feedback form.
Event in progress!
Leading At Level
Leadership Courses Specific For Your Needs
Courses require a commitment for in-person attendance and follow-up work between sessions.
- Meeting Location: Akasofu Room 501, Fairbanks
- Apply by completing the Google Form
- Application closed April 21, 2023
- For questions please contact Jenell Merrifield at 907-474-7907
Fee: $1250 (your cost $625) for 4-day leadership series + 360 reviews (max. 28 people)
Course meets on: May 15, July 17, Sept. 18 and Nov. 6
Audience: Business managers/executive officers, administrative program managers, front-line supervisors or managers (new or seasoned) who lead individuals.
Description: Supervisors will explore the unique leadership requirements of their role including: setting objectives and prioritizing tasks, delegating and following up, coaching and developing direct reports, assessing and improving performance and building the team.
Fee: $1500 (your cost $750) for 4-day leadership series + 360 reviews (max. 28 people)
Course meets on: May 16, July 18, Sept. 19 and Nov. 7
Audience: Directors, department leaders, and second-line supervisors that oversee other managers or small teams within a single functional area.
Description: Leaders will take a closer look at developing and executing operational plans, coaching and developing leaders, assessing and improving the performance of leaders, managing boundaries to avoid silos, and allocating resources and building the organization.
Fee: $1750 (your cost $875) for 4-day leadership series + 360 reviews (max. 18 people)
Course meets on: May 17, July 19, Sept. 20, and Nov. 8
Audience: Deans, directors, assiociate vice chancellors and other senior leaders who have full accountability for a functional area. May lead departments or cross-functional units.
Description: Leaders will look at driving functional excellence, being a full member of the business team and integrating with other functions, selecting leaders to help in building the function, coaching leaders and building accountability around performance and process, and developing talent.
Fee: $1125 (your cost $563) for 3-day leadership series + 360 reviews (max. 28 people)
Course meets on: May 18, Sept. 21 and Nov. 9
Audience: Center directors, department chairs, project or research leads. Leaders who have SME or a high knowledge/technical responsibility to their role. May have small teams with leadership components to the role.
Description: Technical leaders will explore setting objectives at the appropriate level, task prioritization, stakeholder management, and coaching to influence others.
To help make this training more accessible, 50% of program fees for UAF units will be covered by Administrative Services.
Purpose, Values, Vision, People
- Have high engagement, morale and a shared voice. They are empowered to do great work
and are advocates of Administrative Services. They want to work here.
- Know they are cared about and know their personal and professional growth and development
is a priority.
- Feel appreciated, dedicated and happy. They know the work they do makes a difference.
- Feel valued and respected across campus and are seen as the “go-to” people for unknown
- Work in modern, inclusive and collaborative environments.
- Are encouraged to be innovative and to explore new ideas.
- Have a strong ability to positively influence others.
- Forward-think and consistently look for process improvements that positively impact
people and are streamlined, efficient and high-value.
- Are actively involved in workforce development.
- Facilitate positive change in the community and connect with our community partners to help.