Let us bring the museum to you!
Enhance your school‘s science night or another special event with hands-on specimens and museum activities. We can provide a museum educator and activities for a complete event, or complement your existing plans with a skilled educator and single engaging activity.
UAMN Science Night
Complete event, 6 stations
Staffed by a museum educator and volunteers from your school.
Planning guide and customizable flyer provided.
Duration: 2 hour event
Choose a theme. We will provide a variety of engaging activities to be staffed by your volunteers. An educator will be present to set up, train your volunteers, and answer questions throughout the event.
- Art & Science: Engage in art and science activities that explore the relationship between the two.
- Aurora: Uncover the secrets of the solar system. Learn how the sun creates northern lights on the Earth.
- Climate Science: Discover how climate affects our world.
- DNA: Explore the building blocks of life. Discover how genetic material is preserved and learn what genes can do.
- Museum Collections: Investigate specimens and delve into museum mysteries through science, culture, and art.
- Nanoscience: Learn about the very small. Explore nanoscience and how nanotechnology impacts our lives.
Staffed by a museum educator.
Duration: up to 2 hour event
Choose a topic. All activities incorporate hands-on learning and encourage interaction. Families will discover and learn together!
- Plant Anatomy
- Skulls & Bones
- Tracks & Scats
- Taxonomy (collections & sorting)
- Climate Science
- Dinosaurs & Fossils
- Geology & Art
- Rocks & Minerals
- Fish Art
- Marine Mammals
- Ocean Science
Download a printable UAMN Science Night flyer about our offerings.
All costs are for the Fairbanks area. Contact us to discuss travel fees.Contact us for reservations: UAemail@example.com