The mission of Student Support Services (SSS) at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks is to increase the academic achievement, retention, and graduation rates of first-generation, low-income students, and students with disabilities.
Our staff is dedicated to providing a broad base of quality services with a focused holistic approach and student-centered learning environment. At SSS, our goal is to strengthen student self-efficacy, resilience and sense of belonging during their journey to graduation.
What Does SSS Offer?
- Course selection
- Information for financial aid programs, benefits and resources for locating public and private scholarships
- Education and advising to improve financial and economic literacy
- Assistance with graduate and professional programs applications
- Individualized advising for personal, career, academic information, and activities
- Exposure to cultural events and academic programs not usually available
SSS students graduated w/in 6 years or less
fall to fall retention
baccalaureate seeking freshmen in the fall were either FG or LI
SSS students were in good academic standing
*Note: statistics are calculated on a 5-year cycle in accordance with our grant requirements; these data are from our 2015-16 grant application and will be updated during the next re-application cycle.