Frequently Asked Questions
- Fill out the form under "Register An Organization" on Nanook Engage under the "Organizations" tab. You must include a constitution and mission and vision statement.
- Arrange to meet with the Student Involvement Coordinator to go over your club registration. Email meeting requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your club meets the requirements set out by the Board of Regents and the Student Leadership and Involvement Office, you're SET!
Applications submitted mid-semester will be considered and reviewed, but will not be eligible for full recognition until the following semester.
- At least one person from your organization must attend Officer Training.
- Complete your Nanook Engage Organization profile. This includes constitution and bylaws, officer and advisor information, meeting times and membership requirements.
- Update Account Signers form through Nanook Engage (required once a year).
The SLI Office has credit cards available for checkout (pro cards). Students who are designated account signer's (see: account signer's form) can check out cards M-F from 9am-4pm.
Pro Cards are due back to the office within 24 hours with a receipt.
The process for spending money through a contract, requesting checks, or arranging travel is different. Please contact email@example.com in those situations.
UAF Student Organizations start with a balance of zero. At times, ASUAF has provided automatic funding to clubs, but that is not in the current budget. Clubs are responsible for securing their own funding and keeping track of club balances. If you need a balance as a starting point to track your funds, please contact the SLI Office.
Deposits can be made in the SLI Office. Clubs will need to fill out a deposit slip which can be found online or completed in the office. We will write a receipt so clubs can use to track the account balance.
Depending on the mission of your club, funding can come from many sources. SLI will offer club funding when budget permits, with requirements that tie into our mission of leadership and volunteering. ASUAF also offers funding to clubs on an application basis though Club Council. We recommend checking our website throughout the semester, asking your academic department, and looking for partnerships across the University.
Yes! Student Organizations cannot buy drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or firearms. They also cannot purchase gift cards over $25. Gift cards purchased (under $25) cannot be to establishments that sell drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or firearms (like Fred Meyer). If in doubt about a purchase, just call! We can clarify.
SLI hosts two club fairs per academic year. In the Fall we host Party in the Park during the first week of classes and in the Spring we host a club fair during Winter Carnival. More information can be found on OrgSync, including registration forms. Student Organizations also have a $75 credit per semester with Wood Center Graphics . This money does not roll over, you have $75 each semester to spend on flyers, posters, banners, design work, ect. Student Organizations can also reserve space in the Wood Center to table for different events.
All space reservations are made through Wood Center Scheduling.
Check out their website for step by step instructions, https://www.uaf.edu/woodcenter/services/room-scheduling/index.php
The requirements to be a registered student organization at UAF are:
- Attend Officer Training
- Complete/update your Nanook Engage Organization profile to include: constitution, officer and advisor information, meeting times and membership requirements.
- Update Account Signers form, required once a year.