Emergency Communications Center
The University Emergency Communications Center (ECC) is directed by the Police Chief and is part of the University Police Department. This center provides 24 hour emergency dispatching and radio communications for the UAF Police Department.
- The center is responsible for monitoring all on campus alarm systems and the off-campus and Rural Campus alarms of University owned or leased buildings.
- The center receives calls for parking services assistance and dispatches campus shuttle buses.
- The ECC provides directory assistance as the primary point of contact for the UAF campus and is the only directory assistance available after normal work hours.
- The center is responsible for the after-hours dispatching for UAF Facilities Services.
- The ECC is the after-hours contact for Residence Life, Student Services and UAF Environmental Health & Safety.
- The ECC serves as the primary reporting point for after-hours incidents including: emergency contact notification, situation assessment and hazardous event/conditions procedure initiation and reporting.
- The center is the notification point for all Hazardous Materials shipments for UAF points of origin. The ECC is required to be notified 24 hours prior to HAZMAT delivery.
- The dispatchers are Notary Publics for the State of Alaska and provide free notary services for University-related documents.