PIT Crew Projects
The PIT Crew is currently supporting the following projects:
- Graduate Student Admissions Process Improvement
- Financial Aid Strategic Plan
- Facilities Strategic Plan
- Toolik Field Station Strategic Plan
- Military Tuition Assistance Process Mapping: This project will document the current process to provide tuition assistance to military-affiliated students.
- Academic Program Review Process Improvement: This project aims to improve the focus on equity and the use of disaggregated student data within UAF’s regular academic program review process. The redesigned process will launch in Spring 2022 which will prepare for the next regular Academic Program Review cycle to begin in Fall 2022.
- Faculty Data Management Process Improvement: This project aims to improve the annual faculty workload data management process.
- Enrollment Process Improvement: This project aims to improve the enrollment process for all UAF students.
- IARC Strategic Planning: A unit-level plan to develop and grow the International Arctic Research Center.
- UAMN Strategic Planning: A unit-level plan to develop and grow the University of Alaska Museum of the North
Recently Completed Projects
- Inclusive Excellence Strategic Planning: A university-wide plan to grow a culture of respect, diversity, equity and inclusion at UAF.
- UAF Building/Space Naming Process Creation: Created to support the philanthropic naming of UAF spaces, including buildings, classrooms or benches.
- UAF News Management Process Creation: Created to support the transition to a new content management platform used to support submitting, editing, publishing and distributing internal and external news items.
- Travel-related Dependent Care Allowance Payment Process Creation: Created to provide a new benefit that will offset incremental dependent care costs incurred while University of Alaska employees travel. This dependent care benefit aims to provide more family-friendly offerings and aligns with federal regulations for grants.
- Nanook Commitment Scholarship Process Creation: Created to support a renewable scholarship award for incoming first-year, transfer and readmitted students to help qualifying students bridge the gap between what they can afford and the cost of attendance.
- Title IX Allegation Handling Process Creation: Created to support UAF’s response to Title IX allegations in response to changing federal rules and regulations.
- UAF Graduate Assistantship Award Process Improvement: This project improved UAF’s graduate assistantship award process by changing organizational policy and practice and enhancing communication to students, faculty and staff.
- UAF Course and Program Approval Process Improvement: This project improved UAF’s course and program approval process by eliminating duplicative review functions, optimizing support software to better meet system needs, publishing the course catalog earlier, and decreasing review and decision-making time for course and program change proposals.