URSA Internship Awards accepting applications
URSA is excited to announce the opening of a new undergraduate funding opportunity: Internship Awards!
URSA's Internship Awards offer fellowship funding up to $6,000 for the summer or $3,000 for the fall or spring term to support cost-of-living expenses for unpaid or minimally paid* internships with organizations external to UAF. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis as long as funds remain. Students must have a secured opportunity in order to apply for funding.
Internships are an amazing way to gain personal, professional, and career experience in your field of interest. Undergraduate students of all disciplines and from all UAF-affiliated campuses are encouraged to apply. We hope to see your application in our queue!
Eligible Students must:
- Be a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Be registered for at least 3 credits for Fall or Spring Awards, or at least 3 credits during the spring application semester and 3 credits for the fall semester following the award for Summer awards.
- Maintain a GPA of 2.3 or higher.
Eligible Internships must:
- Be overseen by an organization external to UAF and UAF-affiliated campuses.
- Be supervised by a professional staff member within the employer organization. The supervisor will be required to verify the internship prior to awarding and will also be asked to complete a midpoint and final student evaluation.
- Provide supervision, training, and/or exposure to the student’s career field of interest.
- Be unpaid or minimally paid* based on the student’s cost-of-living need.
Visit our webpage for more information about this award and to apply!