Students encouraged to nominate staff for 2023 Pathfinder Award
The Department of Alaska Native Studies and Rural Development is seeking nominations for the 2023 Pathfinder Award. Students are encouraged to submit their staff nominations using this form. The deadline for nominations is Feb. 15, 2023.
The Pathfinder Award is an annual award established in 2012 to honor one outstanding University of Alaska Fairbanks staff member who possesses a high degree of ethical standards, compassion and dedication to the academic success of Alaska Native and rural students.
A nomination may be submitted by any UAF staff or student, though student nominations are given greater weight. The selection committee will base its decision primarily on the following criteria:
- The nominee serves as an advocate for Alaska Native/rural students.
- The nominee assisted Alaska Native/rural students to overcome personal and academic challenges.
- The nominee demonstrates a high level of commitment to the mission of Alaska Native/rural student success.
- The nominee engages effectively with leadership, students and region to advance educational opportunities for Alaska Native/rural students.
- The nominee is a current UAF staff member.
The awardee will be announced on Feb. 24, 2023, at the evening performances for Festival of Native Arts.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.