NDAC’s Native American Heritage Month activities
Nov. 1, 2021
Join the Nanook Diversity and Action Center to celebrate Native American Heritage Month.
Wear Your Indigenous Art Day on Friday, Nov. 12 — Wear your favorite Indigenous jewelry, clothing or art piece. Then take a photo and tag the NDAC and the IAC content creation program on Instagram: @iac_contentcreation and @uafndac. "Wear Your Indigenous Art Day" is co-sponsored by NDAC and the Interior Alaska Campus' content creation program.
The IAC content creation program is also sponsoring a panel on Alaska Native creativity and well-being Nov. 12 from noon-1 p.m.
Truth about History Series
- Monday Nov. 8 from 6-8 p.m. in the Wood Center ballroom: Screening of “KIVALINA”
- Monday, Nov. 15 from 6-8 p.m. in the Wood Center ballroom: Screening of “Nanook of the North”
- Monday Nov. 22 from 6-8 p.m. in the Wood Center ballroom: Screening of “Gather”
Culture Bearers Workshop Series
- Tuesday, Nov. 2 at 1 p.m. (virtual): Gwich'in Language Workshop with Hishinlai' Peters
- Tuesday, Nov. 9 at 6 p.m. in the Wood Center: Koyukon Langugae Workshop with Susan Paskvan
- Friday, Nov. 12 at 6 p.m. in the Wood Center: Beading Workshop with Linda Nicholia
- Tuesday, Nov. 23 at 6 p.m. in the Wood Center: Sewing Workshop with Amy Topkok
Register for workshops online. For more information, contact NDAC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-474-6369.