Free four week mindfulness course offered this summer
Anyone curious to learn about mindfulness or who is struggling to maintain a consistent mindfulness practice can sign up for this free four weeklong virtual Koru Mindfulness Meditation course.
- Who: Anyone seeking to cultivate more joy and connection in their life. This course is
recommended for individuals 18-90+ years old. All are welcome.
- What: Class meets for 75 minutes once a week for four weeks. Participants will be asked
to practice for 10 minutes a day and share reflections of their practice in a private
log on the app. Teachers will regularly access and read participant logs and provide
thoughtful feedback to help participants deepen their practice and understanding of
mindfulness. This is a secular meditation course with no religious affiliation. Learn
more about the class and access free Student Resources at The Center for Koru Mindfulness.
- Where: Virtual platform (usually Zoom)
- When: Mondays; June 6, 13, 20, 27 at 3 p.m. AKT / 7 p.m. EST. Register for class.
More classes will be added in fall 2022, so if participants need a different day or time, just ask. One might be added that fits schedules.
- Cost: Course Instruction is free. The Koru app is required for class and is $3.99. The book "The Mindful Twenty-Something" by Holly Rogers is available in print, e-book or audiobook, and is is recommended for class. The cost varies depending upon retailer and choice of format. (Tip: check the library.)
For those wondering why this course is being offered for free, it is because the instructors are teachers-in-training who are seeking to complete their teacher certification requirements, which include teaching a minimum number of courses.