Eat safe on campus
Sept. 21, 2021
Everybody’s gotta eat, but sometimes allergies or dietary preferences can make that harder. UAF Dining Services and Chartwells are committed to taking care of everyone!
Here are some resources to help you stay nourished and refreshed.
- Balance U icons: Our menu signage uses icons that help identify foods that meet certain criteria, such as vegan, vegetarian and avoiding gluten.
- G8 Station in Dine 49: Dine 49 has a dedicated station that avoids the eight major allergens: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, wheat and soy.
- Menu substitutions: Most of our stations offer vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-avoiding options and substitutions. We also regularly offer some of these options as part of our menu rotation.
- Food experts: All chefs, managers and supervisors at Dining Services and Chartwells are ServSafe-certified and ready to help! If you need to know the ingredients and prep of your food, ask our staff for the resident food expert. And if we don’t know the answer immediately, we will know where to get it!
- Dine on Campus website and app: The menu for the entire semester is available on our website and app, along with ingredients and nutrition facts. Note that the menu may not include chef specials and limited time offers.
- Meet the chef: If you have a unique allergy or dietary restriction that needs additional attention, we invite you to meet with our executive chef to discuss other resources.
For help or more information, please call 907-474-5005.