Spark new ideas and broader impact opportunities through Center ICE’s Seed Funding
- Interested in making a difference and broadening the impact of your work?
- Want to expand your research beyond the lab and classroom?
- Do you have an innovative idea – looking for support to build and grow?
- Interested in learning more about an industry that is related to your research?
We’re looking for researchers whose interests and projects overlap with our request for proposal themes and focuses. Center ICE is supporting up to five awards of $20,000 each for research projects focused on impact.
All awardees also participate in the I-Corps Program and receive $4,500 in travel funding to support your stakeholder discovery.
Challenge Areas: This RFP focuses on innovations for Alaska and their transition into
communities and industries along with accompanying stakeholder discovery. This RFP is centered
on five topics:
- Resilient Energy: Support a more resilient society that can adapt to and prepare for anticipated and unanticipated energy disruptions.
- Earth Systems: Building user-inspired innovative research solutions in Earth science and engineering disciplines.
- Aerospace and Space Weather: Improve our understanding of how space weather impacts everyday activities and building next generation aerospace technologies.
- Climate and Environmental Change: Integrating new opportunities to support society as we adapt to and mitigate the impact on everyday life.
- One Health: Achieving optimal health outcomes and enhancing resilience through the interconnection between people, animals, plants, and their shared environment.