Application period open for Undergraduate Research Initiative for Student Enhancement program
The Undergraduate Research Initiative for Student Enhancement program at the University of Alaska Fairbanks is seeking applications for its scholarship program funded by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences at the NIH. Applicants should be rising Sophomores, and awards include 2/3 tuition for three years, plus a $13,000 annual stipend, and significant research and mentorship support.
The goal of the URISE program is to increase the number of well-prepared underrepresented students who matriculate into high caliber Ph.D. or combined M.D.-Ph.D. programs in the biomedical sciences and eventually go on to research careers. The URISE Program Steering Committee will select applicants to participate in the program based on the criteria below:
- Strong commitment to matriculation into either a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. program in biomedical sciences upon completion of the Bachelor degree and strong commitment to a research career in biomedical sciences.
- U.S. citizen, noncitizen national or permanent resident.
- Full-time sophomore with selected major
- Overall GPA of at least 3.0
- Submission of two letters of recommendation
The application deadline is April 15, and students can apply via this Google form.