AARP, UAF Cooperative Extension offer online gardening series
Learn to garden from the comfort of your own home in a five-week series of free classes hosted by AARP Alaska and the University of Alaska Fairbanks Cooperative Extension Service.
The classes will be held online via Zoom and live on AARP’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AARPAK) and are accessible statewide.
Classes will be held Fridays from 10-11 a.m. beginning March 31. Register for one or all of the classes at https://states.aarp.org/alaska/aarp-alaska-is-kicking-off-spring. All classes will be recorded, and registered participants will receive a link and all class materials.
- On March 31, learn to start seeds with Glenna Gannon.
- On April 7, Gino Graziano will teach about weed control and invasive species.
- On April 14, Steve Brown will offer tips about growing vegetables in the far north.
- On April 21, Leif Albertson will share his secrets on great soil for gardening.
- On April 28, Art Nash will go over adaptive gardening practices to accommodate the aches of aging.