This site will provide you with information and guidance for agreements with entities external to UAF, regardless of whether the agreement is originating here at UAF or if it originated with the other university, agency, or entity.

UAF is electronically storing fully executed MOA/MOUs with external entities in OnBase, the UA enterprise system for records retention. This site will help you to draft an agreement or contact the offices necessary to set up an agreement, and to get approval from all necessary parties for your agreement. To see a flowchart overview of the process click here.

Responsible Offices and Signature Authority

Signature authority is delegated to the following responsible offices for execution of appropriate agreements. Agreements with external academic or research entities may require additional review and standard language approved by the UA Office of the General Counsel (GC) prior to signature.

Signature authority delegates for agreements
*Type of Agreements:
(could require multiple SA’s)
Delegation of Signature Authority (SA):
Office of Record (all agreements) Chancellor
Academic/Academic Activities Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Enrollment/Partnership Agreements VC Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Student Practical in Health Fields Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Research/Intellectual Property VC Research and Director of Grants & Contracts (if applicable)
Rural & Community Development* VC Rural Community & Native Education
Facility Agreements* VC Administrative Services

* Not including MOAs for Practicum students, since the major issue with those agreements is Risk rather than academic standards. "Academic activities" includes all other agreement related to credit-bearing courses and academic programs, as the Provost's Office needs to make sure that they meet accreditation standards and reports requirements. CRCD academic activities, including CTC, have have CRCD review, as provided below.

** MOA/MOU concerning the activities of the Marine Advisory Program and the Cooperative Extension Service.

Administrative Review

The following offices are designated and are responsible for review and/or approval of agreements in conjunction with the above-listed offices, as applicable. If you are unsure of the routing and review of your document, any responsible office can be contacted and will direct you to the appropriate office.

Designated offices responsible for review/approval of aggreements
Administrative Review: Responsible Office: Contact Information
Academic/International Partnerships International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)

Office of International Student and Scholar Services website


Student Exchange Student Success Center

Student Success Center website


Academic Activities, CRCD campuses Dean, CRCD

CRCD campuses contact webpage


Contractual Agreements Procurement & Contract Services

Procurement & Contract Services website


Master Agreements/Awards Office of Grants & Contracts

Office of Grants & Contracts Administration (OGCA) website


Facility/Space Use Agreements Facilities Services (BOR approval if applicable)

Facilities Services contact webpage


Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization (OIPC)

Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization (OIPC) website


Export Controls Office of Research Integrity (ORI)

Office of Research Integrity (ORI) website


Internal Agreements/Unit Specific* Office of the Unit Dean/Director UAF A to Z webpage

*Internal agreements between UAF units/departments/programs may not require this level of review and approval; however, are subject to unit dean or director review and approval.