1. REVIEW AND ACTION IN INITIAL OFFICE
All proposed agreements must be reviewed in their initial office. In an academic program, this is the department head. If a research institute, this is the department head or institute director. If another type of office, the head of your section. This process covers the items listed below.
- Rationale for having a signed agreement
- Inclusion of necessary provisions (see templates)
- Appropriate signatories, including the Chancellor
- Consultation with the relevant Vice Chancellor or Provost
- Review by any necessary special offices
- Review by the Office of the General Counsel
- Review by appropriate Dean, Director, Provost, Vice Chancellor and Chancellor
2. REVIEW BY THE UAF OFFICE OF GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATION
The Office of Grants and Contracts Administration (OGCA) must review any agreement that involves financial transactions and obligations between UAF and other parties.
3. REVIEW BY FACILITIES SERVICES
Facilities Services must review any agreement that involves renting, leasing, or loaning UAF facilities and/or land.
4. REVIEW BY THE OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AND SCHOLAR SERVICES
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services must review any agreement that involves international exchange students coming to UAF or UAF students going to a university in another country.
5. REVIEW BY THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS AND REGISTRAR
The Office of Admissions and Registrar must review any agreement that involves transfer credits from another institution, admissions criteria, or award of degrees.
6. REVIEW BY THE OFFICE OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND COMMERCIALIZATION
The Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization (OIPC) must review any agreement that involves non-disclosure agreements or patents.
7. REVIEW BY OFFICE OF THE GENERAL COUNSEL
Generally the Office of the General Counsel (GC) reviews all agreements, including all contracts and agreements with legal ramifications or potential liabilities. Agreements which could pose potential liability issues for UAF are reviewed by the GC and other pertinent offices (such as the Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization and/or Risk Management). Agreements should be sent to the GC only when they are very close to finalized.
8. OBTAINING NECESSARY SIGNATURES
Following approval by the initial office and those further up the chain of command, GC, OGCA, Facilities Services, Office of International Student and Scholar Services, Office of Intellectual Property and Commercialization, and anyone else required to review the document, it should be sent to the Provost or Vice Chancellor for signature via DocuSign. That office will forward the document to the Chancellor's Office for signature. The Chancellor's Office will send the document to the external entity for signature by its representatives.
9. STORAGE OF FULLY EXECUTED AGREEMENTS
Upon receipt of a fully executed agreement, the agreement will be entered into OnBase. Involved parties will be notified that the agreement has been executed and activities may commence.