Coronavirus informationVisit the UA coronavirus information website to learn how the University of Alaska is responding to the novel coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and find links to FAQs communications, policy guidance and resources.
Visit the UAF information page on the UA coronavirus information website for Chancellor White's communications related to COVID-19.
- A message of solidarity (June 2, 2020)
- Charge to the Task Force on Outward-Facing Activities (May 19, 2020)
- Docusign Process (May 15, 2020)
- Advancing UAF’s Strategic Plan (May 13, 2020)
- Changes to Title IX rules (May 7, 2020)
- FY21-FY22 Budget Planning Scenarios – Update for BOR Audit Committee on May 13, 2020 (May 7, 2020)
- Budget and Financial Management (revised from April 22, 2020) (April 25, 2020)
- Administrative review proposals (April 13, 2020)
- Opportunity in disruption (April 10, 2020)
- Shared services center (April 9, 2020)
- Finding from COVID-19 UAF Staff Remote Accessibility Survey (April 8, 2020)
- Essential employee approvals (March 31, 2020)
- Gwen Holdmann to serve as liaison between UAF and Fairbanks Memorial Hospitals for COVID-19 support (March 31, 2020)
- Chancellor's recommendations on expedited academic program review (March 23, 2020)
- UAF Expedited Academic Review (March 23, 2020)
- Expedited academic program review: Early indications of feedback (March 20, 2020)
- Online listening session on expedited academic program review (March 17, 2020)
- Today's expedited academic program review announcement (March 9, 2020)
- Shared Services Business Center Proposals Update (Feb. 24, 2020)
- Change in reporting structure for Sea Grant and MAP (Feb. 14, 2020)
- Change of RFP deadline for Shared Services Business Centers (Jan. 23, 2020)
- Request for Proposals: Shared Service Business Centers on Troth Yeddha’ Campus (Dec. 18, 2019)
- Strategic planning documents available for review (Dec. 12, 2019)
- Tuition and Fee Committee (Nov. 15, 2019)
- FY20 UAF Strategic Enrollment Planning (SEP) Initiatives (Oct. 4, 2019)
- Accreditation, financial aid and teach-outs (Oct. 3, 2019)
- This week's letter from the NWCCU (Sept. 28, 2019)
- Memo: Procurement and Travel Approval Process (July 2, 2019)
- Staff Recognition and Development Day – May 8, 2019 (May 1, 2019)
- FY 2020 Budget Reduction Planning (April 30, 2019)
- FY20 Planning (April 15, 2019)
- Response to Request for Surveys and Contact Information (March 21, 2019)
- Mission Memo to Vice Chancellors (February 25, 2019)
- Fab-lab Space & Equipment (February 1, 2019)
- FY20 Budget Planning (January 30, 2019)
- Aligning Programs from the College of Liberal Arts and the College of Rural and Community Development (January 22, 2019)
- Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station Reindeer
Large Animal Research Station (January 22, 2019)
- Faculty Task Force on F & A Rates (December 10, 2018)
- Fab Labs: New and Existing (November 14, 2018)
- Title IX training for employees (August 31, 2018)
- Prakash to serve as UAF provost (May 11, 2018)
- Required training for UAF employees (April 25, 2018)
- June 1, 2020: UAF on-site operations
- May 22, 2020: UAF remains in Phase A
- May 21, 2020: UAF operations planning for the fall
- May 4, 2020: Staff survey on university's COVID-19 response
- May 1, 2020: Looking ahead to fall
- April 29, 2020: Furloughs for senior administrators
- April 22, 2020: UAF steps up to support COVID-19 response
- April 21, 2020: UAF is planning for fall
- April 16, 2020: Identifying COVID-19-related furloughs
- April 14, 2020: Memo: Research under Health Mandates 11 and 12
- April 13, 2020: UA Employee COVID-19 Status tool
- April 13, 2020: Memo: COVID-19 Reporting Procedure
- April 10, 2020: Early planning for COVID-related furloughs
- April 7, 2020: CARES Act
- April 7, 2020: Preparing for COVID-related furloughs
- April 6, 2020: New UA tracking and response policy
- March 31, 2020: Essential Employee Approvals
- March 31, 2020: Gwen Holdmann to serve as liaison between UAF and Fairbanks Memorial Hospitals for COVID-19 support
- March 29, 2020: More information on Health Mandate 11
- March 28, 2020: Shelter in place and in-state travel mandates
- March 26, 2020: UAF Building Closures
- March 24, 2020: Follow public health guidelines
- March 21, 2020: New positive COVID-19 case
- March 21, 2020 to students: A legacy of compassion and commitment
- March 20, 2020: Working from home
- March 19, 2020: Additional information on UAF COVID-19 case
- March 19, 2020: Update on O'Neill Building precautions
- March 17, 2020: Confirmed test result for UAF employee
- March 17, 2020: Taking steps to slow the spread of COVID-19
- March 16, 2020: March 17 online forum for COVID-19
- March 16, 2020 to students: You are our highest priority
- March 16, 2020: Travel and self-observing for 14 days
- March 13, 2020: More information on COVID-19 response
- March 13, 2020: Academic continuity
- March 12, 2020: Today's new guidance on COVID-19
- March 10, 2020: Resources for working, teaching remotely
- March 6, 2020: UAF response team for COVID-19
- March 3, 2020: Coronavirus steps and precautions
- Feb. 20, 2020: Novel coronavirus update
- Feb. 13, 2020: Coronavirus update
- Feb. 11, 2020: Coronavirus response management
- Jan. 30, 2020: New coronavirus update
- Friday Focus: Confidence in UAF (May 29, 2020)
- Friday Focus: UAF's education futures (April 24, 2020)
- Friday Focus: An opportunity to create a new normal (March 27, 2020)
- Friday Focus: Creating an environment for student success (February, 28, 2020)
- Friday Focus: UAF's future is up to us (January 31, 2020)
- Friday Focus: Enrollment is key to a vibrant campus (December 20, 2019)
- Friday Focus: Letting go of what was for what can be (November 22, 2019)
- Friday Focus: The Speed of Trust (October 25, 2019)
- Friday Focus: YOU belong at UAF (September 27, 2019)
- Friday Focus: Reasons to celebrate (August 30, 2019)
- Friday Focus: What athletics can do (July 26, 2019)
- Friday Focus: Guiding principles in uncertain times (June 28, 2019)
- Friday Focus: Two more 'words that matter' (May 31, 2019)
- Friday Focus: Words matter (April 26, 2019)
- Friday Focus: One Health, campus wellness and diversity (March 29, 2019)
- Friday Focus: Telling our story, sharing information (February 22, 2019)
- Friday Focus: Planning UAF's future (January 25, 2019)
- Friday Focus: Planning and leadership communication in 2019 (December 20, 2018)
On Thursday, April 2, from 1-2 p.m., Chancellor Dan White and other university leaders will hold a forum on enrollment.
This event will be webstreamed at media.uaf.edu and offered via audio conference in listen-only mode.
Please submit your comments in advance online and they will be answered online during the Q&A portion of the forum.
Please use the following numbers to join by phone:
Participant PIN: 2844780
For more information, email Carla Browning, institutional events and communications manager, at email@example.com.
Updated March 19: New phone numbers can be used to call in. Instructions and information are below.
On Thursday, March 19, from 5-6 p.m., Chancellor Dan White and Provost Anupma Prakash will hold a community listening session on UAF’s expedited academic program review recommendations. This is an opportunity for the campus community and university supporters to share their thoughts online or by phone.
Participants will be able to share brief comments on the phone or submit comments and questions online during the forum.
If you call in please mute your phone and do not use the hold function during this event.
If you are listening to the webstream and decide to call in, you’ll need to mute your audio on the webstream prior to calling in to the audio conference line to avoid feedback. Additionally, please free up the line once you have participated to allow for more participants. A maximum of 150 people can participate at one time.
Please use the following numbers. This phone number replaces what was previously published.
Please use this number if the toll-free line is busy: 1-330-595-1371
Participant PIN: 2844780
Chancellor Dan White hosted a virtual forum on the COVID-19 novel coronavirus/COVID-19 situation from 1-2 p.m., Tuesday, March 17, 2020. This event was only webstreamed and offered via audio conference in listen-only mode.
If you missed it you can stream the Chancellor's Forum on COVID-19.
Chancellor Dan White hosted a forum to update the university community on strategic planning at UAF from 1-2 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 23, in the Wood Center ballroom.
If you missed it, you can stream the Chancellor's Forum on Strategic Planning at UAF.
Chancellor Dan White and ASUAF student government hosted a tuition forum from 1-2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, in the Wood Center ballroom.
The Board of Regents delayed action at the November meeting on UA President Jim Johnsen’s proposal for a 5% increase to the upper- and lower-division rates of tuition for fall 2020. This increase would partially offset the reductions to UA’s unrestricted general fund.
If you missed it, you can stream the Chancellor's Forum on Tuition.