Pests, Invasives and Diseases


Use our Ask Extension form to get answers to any questions you might have!

Our experts can help you identify, eradicate and prevent pest problems. You can call your local UAF Extension office or fill out a plant or insect identification request form. An experienced agent will take a look at the physical specimen you bring in (inanimate and confined to a plastic baggie) and consult you as to what it is and what you can do about it.

If you don't have an Extension office in your area, check out the Pest Reporter. Volunteer citizen scientists are encouraged to submit requests and photos regarding insects, plants or diseases in their local areas.