AQC Student Travel Grant 2023
- The AQC student travel grant is designed to support undergraduate and graduate students presenting Quaternary-related (see below) papers and posters at national and international meetings. Support for other types of travel will be considered in exceptional cases. Link to previous awardees here.
- The maximum award amount is $2000. Which can be applied towards costs associated with and an in-person or virtual presentation. See below for allowable costs.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have not received the AQC student travel grant before.
- "Quaternary related" means a strong connection with research associated with the past ca. 2 million years of Earth's history. This includes, but is not limited to: geology, archaeology, paleoecology, or paleoceanography. Modern process studies will be considered only if there are strong and explicit connections with paleo research. For example, a study that correlates the modern distribution of beetles with modern climate would be appropriate because the data could then be used to reconstruct past climates based on the beetle taxa found in ancient sediments.
- We strongly recommend that you contact either the AQC Director or other board members (Contact Info) if you are unsure whether your application is appropriate for the AQC student travel grant.
- The applicant is a graduate or undergraduate student in good standing at UAF, UAA, or UAS. See your course catalogue for a definition of "good standing".
- If attending a meeting, the student is the lead author and presenter of the paper or poster.
- All costs occur after the award date and must be completed within 12 months of the award date.
- Allowable costs for in-person attendance include travel, accommodation, perdiem, as well as abstract fees, meeting registration, and any meeting add-ons such as field trips or short courses.
- Allowable costs for virtual attendance include abstract fees, meeting registration and any meeting add-ons such as field trips or short courses.
Download the application here. Or contact Nancy Bigelow <email@example.com> for a copy.
- Submit a PDF of your application (including the letter of recommendation) via email to Nancy Bigelow
(firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5 pm on March 28, 2023.
- Award announcement will be made about 2 weeks after the deadline.