Through positive, accurate and timely media relations activities, Marketing and Communications strives to increase the university’s visibility throughout the community, state, nation and world. The media relations office works closely with all the public information offices throughout campus to disseminate information in a coordinated and consistent fashion, building positive awareness of UAF, and serves as a central point of contact for media pursuing coverage of the university.
- UAF Cornerstone: news and information: Up-to-date information on what's happening at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- How to reach a UAF expert: When you need an expert, we encourage you to call upon the University of Alaska Fairbanks. UAF experts can provide context to events which often have dramatic implications on our lives. Our media relations team can help you find the right expert on deadline.
- Archived news releases - current and past news releases.
- If you believe you have a newsworthy event or activity to publicize, contact one of the public affairs programs in your area. Please also let Marketing and Communications know when you, or your department, are planning to publicize an event. We may be able to help you by preparing a news release, media advisory or public service announcement. We can also provide you with information about additional local, state and national media opportunities.
- What to publicize
- Call 907-474-7902, or by email at email@example.com. Use this guideline when submitting basic information to any information outlet:
- Name of event
- Contact name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Information link URL
- Information email
- Information name
- Information phone number
For more information, contact:
- Marmian Grimes, senior public information officer, 907-474-7902