Notes for all students:
- Once you begin filling out an online application, you can save and complete it later.
- Please do not submit more than one application unless you are requesting more than one degree.
- Your social security number and credit card number (Visa or MasterCard) will be requested.
- Submitting a web application through UAOnline is the quickest way to have your application processed. The Office of Admissions takes three weeks to process and review an application once all documents have been received.
Instructions for NEW students
Those who have never applied to or attended any University of Alaska campus
- Go to the UAOnline home page
- Review your admission requirements
- Select Apply for Admission or Check on Status of Application
- Select First-time User Account Creation (at bottom of page)
You will be asked to choose an ID and PIN before continuing to the application form. Please make note of this ID and PIN for future use.
Watch a video of how to apply, using the above steps.
Military/Veteran students: read more information about applying for tuition assistance and the GI Bill.
Instructions for VISITING INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE students
This application is intended for use by students on temporary exchange programs with cooperating universities and institutions and by students intending to study at UAF for one or two semesters as part of a degree program in their home country. (Students seeking a degree from UAF must submit the regular application for undergraduate or graduate admission with supporting documents and appropriate processing fee.) This application form and all supporting documents must be sent to the Office of International Programs.
- Complete the International Student - Visiting Exchange Application (PDF)
- Download, print, complete and mail these additional forms as part of your application packet to the Office of International Programs.
- If your native language is not English, a minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 213 (computer exam), 550 (paper exam), or 80 (internet-based); or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score of 6.5 is required. This requirement is waived for students if recommended by their home institution as part of a UAF bilateral exchange program. Read more about the TOEFL requirements.
- Your application should reach the UAF Office of International Programs by April 1 for the fall semester or September 1 for the spring semester. All documents must be submitted by these dates. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Other ways to apply to UAF
- Download the application as a PDF
If you prefer to print out and mail in a paper application, please download the undergraduate application (PDF) or the graduate application (PDF).
- Request a paper application from Admissions
Contact us by e-mail, letter, phone or fax to request a printed application in the mail.
Undergraduate student application deadlines
- November 1 - spring semester
- May 1 - summer sessions
- June 15 - fall semester
NOTE: Students applying to baccalaureate programs after the published deadlines will be considered for admission into premajor, bachelor's intended status. Applications are processed in the order they are received. Applications received after the published deadlines may not be processed by the beginning of the semester.
International student application deadlines
- March 1 - fall semester
- September 1 - spring semester
Graduate student application deadlines*
- October 15 - spring semester
- May 1 - summer sessions
- June 1 - fall semester
* Grad student application deadlines vary by program. Be sure to refer to your department.
- $40 Associate, Certificate
- $50 Bachelor's
- $60 Graduate
Want to register for a class in Fairbanks?
Use UAF's registration guide to search for courses and find out how to sign up.