Unleash your curiosity.
Journalists explore issues, find answers, investigate mysteries, inform the public, expose wrongdoing and record history. We do it by telling stories.
At UAF Journalism, we teach the skills you need to succeed, whether in a newsroom or a boardroom. You’ll learn to question the status quo, research important issues, write stories that change lives, make photographs that capture the human spirit and shoot and edit video that illuminates the world around us. And instead of sitting in a classroom listening to endless lectures, you’ll learn these skills by actually doing them.
Snedden Chair for Academic Year 2014-2015: Julia Duin
She earned her BA in English from Lewis & Clark College in Portland, Ore., in 1978, the same year her father became the Coast Guard admiral over all of Alaska.
UAF Journalism Mission Statement
Our mission is to prepare versatile journalists who are ably suited to enhance the profession in Alaska and elsewhere. The Department is committed to the development of professional skills, critical thinking and journalistic ethics.
- 2015-2016 Snedden Chair Recruitment is officially open: Apply Here
- Snedden Chair Lecture from Julia Duin - Full Talk & Clips now online!
- Snedden Chair Lecture from Richard Murphy - Full Talk & Clips now online!
- Snedden Lecture: Susan White - Full Talk & Clips now online!
- Article: KSUA student-run radio station at UAF voted country's best