Coronavirus information:Visit the UA coronavirus information website to learn how the University of Alaska is responding to the novel coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and find links to communications, policy guidance and resources.
Leadership Development at UAF
We offer opportunities for emerging to experienced leaders to expand their leadership toolboxes; join us for our annual UAF Leadership Conference or participate in one of our monthly leadership development activities where you will have the opportunity to interact with campus and community leaders and reflect on your own leadership experiences.
Social Change Model of Leadership Development
The Social Change Model approaches leadership as a purposeful, collaborative, values-based process that results in positive social change.
The Social Change Model was built upon the following assumptions:
- Leadership is concerned with effecting change on behalf of others and society.
- Leadership is collaborative.
- Leadership should be value-based.
- All students (not just those that hold formal leadership positions) are potential leaders.
- Service is a powerful vehicle for developing students' leadership skills.
Source: Higher Education Research Institute. (1996). A social change model of leadership development (Version III). Los Angeles: University of California Los Angeles Higher Education Research Institute.