Benefits of UAF ROTC
- Whether you’re a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on a student’s merit and grades, not financial need.
- Army ROTC scholarships are valuable in many ways:
* Two-, three-, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
* Scholarship amounts vary.
* Additional allowances pay for books and fees
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year. You can earn certain amounts depending on your level in the Army ROTC curriculum:
* 1st year $300 per month
* 2nd year $350 per month
* 3rd year $450 per month
* 4th year $500 per month
This allowance is also available to all non-scholarship Cadets enrolled in the Army ROTC Advanced Course (3rd and 4th year).
FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
You can have the best of two worlds, civilian and military, and get a college experience unlike any other.
If you're interested in attending college while learning what it takes to become an Army Officer, ROTC may be right for you. In addition to teaching you valuable leadership skills, military training, and discipline, ROTC can also provide you with money for tuition and other expenses through scholarships.
If you are currently in college and would like to explore Army ROTC, there are several scholarship options available.
GREEN TO GOLD PROGRAM
The Army Green to Gold program is designed to offer Enlisted Soldiers in the Army the opportunity to earn a commission as an Army Officer. This program offers enlisted Soldiers two unique ways to earn a baccalaureate degree:
SIMULTANEOUS MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
The Simultaneous Membership Program is a volunteer officer training program that allows Army National Guard enlisted members to participate in the Advanced ROTC Program. The intent of the SMP is to increase officer accessions into the Army National Guard by increasing ROTC enrollment from enlisted National Guard members who are attending college.