Civil Rights Compliance

The Institute of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Extension (IANRE) celebrates the rich diversity of its clients, students and employees. Please read this memo from our director describing our commitment to providing workplaces and programming free of discrimination.

If you would like more information about civil rights at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, or to make a discrimination complaint, contact the UAF Department of Equity and Compliance at 907-474-7300 (TTY: 907-474-2660). You may also wish to speak to the director of IANRE at 907-474-7429 or contact United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) customer service at 1-866-632-9992. Here is a downloadable contact card with this info.

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, and American Sign Language) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. To file a program discrimination complaint, a complainant should complete a Form AD- 3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, which can be obtained online at, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD- 3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by: (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or (2) Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or (3) Email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.