Our mission is to deliver exceptional customer service, support and training; provide timely reimbursement processing; and ensure compliance with UA policy, IRS and sponsor regulations.
Guiding Principles and Values
- Travelers are expected and believed to be exercising good stewardship of University of Alaska funds.
- Travel is necessary to enhance and support the University of Alaska mission.
- Travel reimbursements are limited to business related expenses only. Any additional expenses incurred for personal preference or convenience must be personally paid.
- Budget Authorities are responsible for appropriate use of university resources. Departments are free to create policies that are more restrictive (but not less restrictive) than university-wide policies.
- University processes related to travel should not be burdensome so as to negatively affect travelers.
- Travel reimbursement processes should be concise, consistent, transparent, convenient, efficient and compliant.
Meet Our Team
Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and Southeast Alaska, Amanda first called Interior Alaska her home in 2012. She revels in the endless opportunities to surround herself in the wonderous nature of Alaska’s mountains, forests, auroras and bodies of water. When not spending time with family, friends and pups, you can find her attending concerts, comedy shows and gardening (gotta love that midnight sun!).
Amanda joined UAF in 2012 and has spent her time working in travel and finance positions. She loves the people at UAF and enjoys connecting those people with the resources they need for travel, finance and more.
Dana has spent her entire life happily calling Alaska home. She enjoys the small town perks of life in Fairbanks as well as the boundless outdoor activities.
Dana has several years of experience both at UAF and UAA. Since joining the university, she has gifted us with her skills as an administrative assistant, human resources technician and travel coordinator.
Born and raised in Fairbanks, Kim also enjoyed time as a Hawaiian and a Californian in her twenties. She enjoys spending time with her husband and their adopted dog. She is also the proud mother of her son, a student here at UAF!
Kim first joined UAF as a travel coordinator in 2018. While she’s happy helping all travelers, she especially enjoys working with our students.
Born and raised in Delta Junction, Lacey has spent most of her life in Alaska (except for a brief stint in Houston, TX, but we won’t hold it against her). When she’s not enjoying the summer sun and exploring our great state, you’ll find her curled up with a good book. She is grateful the university promotes a nice work-life balance that allows her to spend time with her spouse, four children, dog and bearded dragon.
Before joining UAF in 2019, Lacey wore many hats from travel representative to bookkeeper. Now that she’s here, she’s hooked on expanding her knowledge through UAF courses. She especially enjoys learning about all the amazing places our travelers go which inspire her own vacation ideas.
Serena too has spent her entire life in Alaska. She has three vivacious daughters and is the proud “Grammy” to three beautiful grandchildren. When she’s not busy spoiling her grandchildren and fur-babies, she enjoys taking advantage of Alaska’s long summer days. From gardening and bike rides to floating the river and BBQs, she loves that midnight sun.
Serena began her career path at UAF in 2005. She brought with her a wealth of knowledge from the travel industry. She’s put that knowledge to good use working primarily as a travel coordinator for our campus community. She loves helping travelers and hearing about their adventures in supporting UAF’s mission.