Schedule a meeting with Financial Aid
Were you selected for FAFSA Verification? You're not alone. About one-third of students who file the FAFSA are selected for verification, and it means that the Financial Aid Office needs additional documentation to determine your eligibility.
We've got your back. The FAFSA experts at UAF's Financial Aid Office are ready for all your questions — from just how to get started to step-by-step guidance while you complete the process.
What is FAFSA Verification?
The FAFSA Verification process double-checks and confirms the information you’ve submitted on your FAFSA. Most students who are selected for verification will need to submit the verification worksheet and provide some additional documents. It’s important to turn in your verification as quickly as you can, UAF can only offer your financial aid, once the verfication is complete.
Once we have the verification worksheet and your documents, we'll compare what you submitted on your FAFSA and make any corrections. Verifications that don’t need any further corrections or follow-up take 3—5 business days to process. If your documentation needs to be corrected or needs further follow-up, the process can take 7—10 business days from the time you submit all required documents.
Review what you need to submit for verification
Everyone’s process is a little different, so you’ll want to make sure you’re gathering
the information you need to submit. You can find this on UAOnline:
- Log in and choose the “Financial Aid” menu, then “Eligibility,” then “Student Requirements.”
- Select the aid year — you'll see a list of requirements. Many of the requirements are links that will take you to the document needed. Some documents you’ll collect on your own, such as tax return transcripts from the IRS.
Complete the verification worksheet and compile the required documents
No need to make updates to your FAFSA unless the Financial Aid Office asks you to.
Submit your documents to the Financial Aid Office
You can upload all documents when you submit your verification worksheet. You can also email or mail your documents:
Mailing address: P.O. Box 756360 Fairbanks, AK 99775
- Submit all of your documents as soon as you can. The process can take some time.
- If your family wasn't required to file taxes, you can submit a separate form. Contact
the Financial Aid Office so you can work with UAF's experts directly.
- The Financial Aid Office is here to help you. If you'd like assistance at any point in the process, don’t hesitate to contact us.