1.) Please complete all fields with your personal information.
2.) Complete each question by selecting the most correct answer. A score of 100% is required for passing.
3.) When complete, please click “Submit to EHSRM” button.
Department PO Box Number:
Employee or Student Identification Number:
1. Jamie walks into a laboratory and notices a broken bottle of liquid phenol on the floor, she immediately detects a sweet, tar-like odor in the air. What should she do?:
2. Phenol has all of the following properties, EXCEPT:
3. Chloroform will enhance the absorption of phenol through the skin.
4. A tube containing phenol has broken in the centrifuge. What do you do?:
5. Absorption of phenol through the skin may be disguised by a loss of pain sensation.
6. All of the following are proper storage protocols for phenol, EXCEPT:
7. Bert forgot to wear the proper PPE when working with phenol and accidentally got some phenol on his hands. He should:
8. Which of the following gloves are acceptable for use with phenol?:
9. If you smell phenol, you are likely over the permissible exposure limit.
10. A phenol spill/exposure kit should contain all of the following, EXCEPT:
EHSRM Office1855 Marika RoadPO Box 758145Fairbanks, Alaska 99775-8145Office: 907-474-5413Fax: 907-474-5489 UAF-EHSRM@alaska.edu