Pesticide Safety Education Program

Pesticide Applicator Training Sessions for 2017 are in the planning stages, we will be offering training through distance delivery and in select locations across Alaska beginning early in 2017.  Please check back for updates.  Until then self study is available.  

Training sessions are being held in Anchorage, Delta Junction, Fairbanks, Soldotna, Juneau and other locations as available.  Travel may be required to attend.

Certification is required by law for individuals engaged in the following practices:

1.  Purchase, use or sale of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) restricted use pesticides (RUP).
2. Use or supervise the use of an EPA general or RUP for commercial purposes (for hire).
3. Apply pesticides to someone else’s property.
4. Consult or advise about pesticides.
5.  Use or supervise the use of pesticides at a public place, such as a school, common area of an apartment building or government office, parks, or public sports field, unless it is an antimicrobial.
6. Satisfy the requirements of a pesticide permit.

Materials can be picked up at your local Cooperative Extension District Offices. Remote locations will be mailed study materials after registration with ample time allowed for delivery.  Please become familiar with all materials prior to start of training sessions.

Questions concerning your category of certification should be directed to the Division of Environmental Health Pesticide Program's website or by
calling 1-800-478-2577 or 376-1870.



Back to Top