Pesticide Safety Education Program
The 2016 Certified Pesticide Applicator Training Sessions will be held April 25, 26 and 27th 2016 with proxy testing arranged by district afterward. All day sessions scheduled from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm with breaks. Self study is available depending on your schedule needs. Testing by proctors can be arranged with either the DEC or your local CES office.
Training sessions are being held in Anchorage, Delta Junction, Fairbanks, Soldotna, Juneau and other locations as available. Travel may be required to attend.
Certification is required by law for individuals engaged in the following practices:
1. Purchase, use or sale of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) restricted use pesticides (RUP).
2. Use or supervise the use of an EPA general or RUP for commercial purposes (for hire).
3. Apply pesticides to someone else’s property.
4. Consult or advise about pesticides.
5. Use or supervise the use of pesticides at a public place, such as a school, common area of an apartment building or government office, parks, or public sports field, unless it is an antimicrobial.
6. Satisfy the requirements of a pesticide permit.
Course cost is $55.00 fee per participant and covers all training materials.
Registration online, pay by credit card at:
Materials can be picked up at your local Cooperative Extension District Offices. Remote locations will be mailed study materials after registration with ample time allowed for delivery. Please become familiar with all materials prior to start of training sessions.
Questions concerning your category of certification should be directed to the Division of Environmental Health Pesticide Program's website http://dec.alaska.gov/eh/pest/ or by
calling 1-800-478-2577 or 376-1870.