Pesticide Safety Education Program
Certified Pesticide Applicator Training Sessions for 2015 are scheduled for Monday January 26-through Wednesday January 28th and again in April 13-15 with all day sessions offered. Self study is available depending on your schedule needs. Testing by proctors can be arranged with either the DEC or your local CES office.
Training sessions are being held in Anchorage, Delta Junction, Fairbanks, Soldotna and other locations as requested.
Certification is required by law for individuals engaged in the following practices:
1. Purchase, use or sale of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) restricted use pesticides (RUP).
2. Use or supervise the use of an EPA general or RUP for commercial purposes (for hire).
3. Apply pesticides to someone else’s property.
4. Consult or advise about pesticides.
5. Use or supervise the use of pesticides at a public place, such as a school, common area of an apartment building or government office, parks, or public sports field, unless it is an antimicrobial.
6. Satisfy the requirements of a pesticide permit.
Course cost is $55.00 fee per participant and covers all training materials.
Registration online, pay by credit card at:
Materials can be picked up at your local Cooperative Extension District Offices.
Questions concerning your category of certification should be directed to the Division of Environmental Health Pesticide Program's website http://dec.alaska.gov/eh/pest/ or by
calling 1-800-478-2577 or 376-1870.