Pesticide Safety Education Program
Pesticide Applicator Training Sessions for 2017 start January 31st through February 2nd 2017, we will be offering training through distance delivery and in select locations across Alaska . These training sessions will repeat April 18th through 20th of 2017 for those who need to schedule later training. The self study option is always available. Cost is $65.00 and includes all materials and testing.
Online registration is found here: http://bit.ly/PestInvasive
Training sessions are being held in Anchorage, Delta Junction, Fairbanks, Palmer, Soldotna, Juneau and other locations as available. Travel may be required to attend.
Certification is required by law for individuals engaged in the following practices:
1. Purchase, use or sale of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) restricted use pesticides (RUP).
2. Use or supervise the use of an EPA general or RUP for commercial purposes (for hire).
3. Apply pesticides to someone else’s property.
4. Consult or advise about pesticides.
5. Use or supervise the use of pesticides at a public place, such as a school, common area of an apartment building or government office, parks, or public sports field, unless it is an antimicrobial.
6. Satisfy the requirements of a pesticide permit.
Materials can be picked up at your local Cooperative Extension District Offices during scheduled office hours. Remote locations will be mailed study materials after registration with ample time allowed for delivery. Please become familiar with all materials prior to start of training sessions. This will greatly increase your success with the class.
Questions concerning your category of certification should be directed to the Division of Environmental Health Pesticide Program's website http://dec.alaska.gov/eh/pest/ or by
calling 1-800-478-2577 or 376-1870.